Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans, Inc.
The Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the Horatio Alger Endowment Fund and the generosity of Association Chairman Emeritus and Endowment Fund President Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2020
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need by showing one of the following:
- Family Income below $55,000 OR
- Pell Eligibility with an EFC value of 5576 or less
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.